Saturday, April 12, 2014

Where in the World....

....would I want to live, if I could live anywhere in the world for a year?

I'm going to assume that money is not an issue here, and will have to go with the world's 2nd most expensive city to live in:  Paris, France.  My answer may surprise some of you, since I always talk about how much I enjoyed Spain!  The truth of the matter is that although the food and wine are cheap in Spain, they are divine in France!  When we were in Paris 2 summers ago, we woke up every morning and walked to any one of a number of bakeries for a croissant or pastry for breakfast.  Yum!  Also, I would love to go to cooking school, and obviously, Le Cordon Bleu Paris would be a dream come true.  

Ok, I'll admit it's not all about the food though.  The amount of history in Paris is spectacular.  I have been to a few of the landmarks, but definitely would love to have an entire year to enjoy them and see even more.  One of my favorite things to do during my travels is to wander through neighborhoods, taking in all the beautiful architecture.  Obviously, Paris is a beautiful city, and I could wander up and down the quaint little streets day after day, stumbling into shops as I happen upon them.

Another selling point for Paris is that it is a major travel hub, either by train or plane.  It would give me the opportunity to bop all over Europe.  In fact, Paris is only 2 1/2 hours (by train) from London where my sister Rachel lives.  I can only imagine all the fun we would have traveling around.  We will actually be meeting up in Paris in less than a month (eeeek!!), as my husband will be attending a conference, and I get to tag along.  I can't wait to share my travel experience with you. :)

Once again, linking up with A Fresh Start on a Budget for the April Blogging Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment