Monday, April 7, 2014

All About Me

Day 7 of the April Blogging Challenge reminds me of filling out the "All About Me" posters in grade school or being the "Star Student" of the week or month or whatnot.  I have a love/hate relationship with being in the spotlight.  I love to share my life with others, but I also get twitchy and uncomfortable when all eyes are on me.  I don't really like to brag, but I do think I'm an awesome person.  :)

So here are three things that I like about myself...

1) I am a great cook!!  Adam also likes this about me.  I love to experiment with different ingredients and combinations and try to recreate dishes I have had in restaurants.  Of course there are failures, sometimes even miserable ones, but for the most part I feel pretty successful in the kitchen.

2) I like, no, I LOVE, that I have been able to find a profession that I am passionate about.  As I've mentioned before, I skipped a lot of classes in college (so silly; I don't recommend it!), and I didn't graduate with the degree I originally had in mind or end up with the career I wanted.  Everything has worked out for the best, as I have been able to get my baby fix; hugs and cuddles from my little ones are so precious, and I love every single child that has passed through my room so much!  What really fascinates me is how the mind of a child works, and it is a feeling like no other to see their eyes light up when they understand a concept for the first time.  I have been so blessed to be able to devote so much of my time to learning about infants, and although I know my life will change drastically when I have my own, at least I know I won't be having EIGHT at the same time (knock on wood).  Through my job, I have been given the opportunity to develop my own teaching mantra for infants, and I can't stress enough how important ROUTINE and PLAY are to the happiness of a child.  I could go on and on about these topics, but I'll save them for another time. :)

3)  I like that I am different...in so many ways.  I like that I'm adopted and that I have a multi-ethnic family.  I love that I have only dated one person in my life: my husband.  I love that we married young.  I like that I've never had a car payment.  I love my ability to say "no" to things that don't fit into my life.  I love that we've made travel a priority.  I love my short legs and my freakishly long torso.  I love that I openly admit that I am addicted to reality TV.  It has taken me a long time to get to this point, but I just genuinely love myself the way that God made me, and I hope that all of you are able to love yourselves for the way you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment