Saturday, April 26, 2014

Love, Beauty, Babies, & The Future

Ok, so the fact that I'm leaving for vacation in less than a week (EEK!) has totally been on my mind and work was exhausting (our cook was on vacation, so I spent the week cooking for 90ish children...it was an adventure), so the blog got moved to a back burner.  I'm feeling more (and less?) in control and organized right now, plus, I just needed a break, so here comes a 5-day challenge blog dump.

Day 18: Tell me about your first love. (Age, how did you meet, how long were you together)

My first love was and still is, my husband!  We officially met the first day I moved to Lincoln in August of 2003, but truth be told, I already knew who he was.  I (and most of my high school) was involved in FBLA, Future Business Leaders of America.  In April each year, a state conference was held in Omaha where we took tests to qualify for the National Leadership Conference and attended seminars.  Oh, and we got to skip 2 days of school and stay overnight in Omaha (the dream)!  I first attended in 2000, as a sophomore, and I did really well, even winning the Business Math competition which enabled me to travel to Orlando, FL in the summer to compete nationally.  I noticed there was this guy, Adam, who basically won every. single. event.  What a nerd.  My friends and I for the next 2 years of high school were annoyed by his dominance, and (I'm not proud of this) when he didn't win "Mr. Future Business Leader" our senior year, we gave the winner a standing ovation.  Yikes.  Rude. 

So when I moved into the dorm room I shared with my high school best friend, and we went searching for boys to play pitch with, we were less than thrilled to find out that Adam was living in a room almost directly above us.  We were even less thrilled when he actually agreed to play cards with us.  Adam later told me he could "sense the hostility," but had zero idea who we were.  He also admitted that during our junior year at the conference, up on stage he was thinking something along the lines of  oh shoot, there's an Asian up here...well I've lost. At the same time, I, who made a conscious effort to stand on the opposite side of the stage was thinking, Ugh, that Adam kid is up here.  I really hope I beat him.  Of course I got 8th or something, and Adam won.  Typical.



Adam is all the way to the left next to the 2 girls in red, and I'm in the white top and blue skirt at the opposite end of the stage.  You'll just have to take my word for it, since this is basically the worst picture ever.

We started hanging out, became friends, went to church together in his '79 Camaro, and soon after started dating in November.  Our first date was to the Starship 9 (*tear*) to see Pirates of the Caribbean for the millionth time, and have been together ever since.  We are coming up on our 7th wedding anniversary and will have been together 11 years this fall.  So that's my first love!

Day 19:What is your typical beauty routine like (favorite products, how much time do you spend)

 I don't do much, that's for sure.  The only makeup I wear is black eyeliner (my favorite), and if I'm feeling fancy, mascara and/or lipgloss.  I'm much more of a lip balm girl; I always have at least one floating in my bag.  My go to is Badger's Organic Lip Balm in Tangerine Breeze, but I also like the Eos Smooth Spheres.  In regards to my hair, I use Organix.  The Awapuhi Ginger smells the best, in my opinion, and I like to use coconut oil and/or olive oil to treat my ends occasionally.  I started oil pulling this year, but need to get back into it as I've been lax.  I'm pretty low key in regards to beauty!

20. Describe your perfect day

Adam, Beach, Bikini, Book(s), Booze, Food

21. Do you have kids; if yes tell us about them, if not do you plan to one day?

No babers for us yet, but we have talking about them since before we got married, and we are *almost* ready to give parenthood a try.  Adam would be fine with one or none, but I think I'd like two.  I had such fond memories of growing up with my siblings, that I don't want my future child to go it alone.  We will see!

22. What do you hope your life will be like in 3 years?

I hope we are settled.  I hope I'm happy.  I hope I'm a mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment