Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Advice for Teenage Lizzy

Happy Tuesday, everyone!  I'm halfway through  my work week, and halfway through the April Blogging Challenge put on by Karissa at A Fresh Start on a Budget.  It has been a good experience so far, although I admit that I'm looking forward to posting a couple times a week rather than daily.  :) 

Day 15:  What advice would you give to the teenage you?

Hands down, I would tell myself to STUDY!  I skated through school my whole life up until college, and if I could do it over, I would definitely instill some study habits in myself.  Unfortunately, when I went to college, I felt that I was too smart to study and also insecure about needing to study, since none of my close friends had to.  I spent my time growing up, rushing through my chores and what little homework I had, so I could enjoy my life: playing, reading, talking, and what have you.  In college, I did much of the same, but also had the newfound freedom to skip class and do whatever I liked, aka, reading, chatting on MSN, spending time with Adam, shopping with Val, and playing MarioKart or binge watching TV shows with my friend Rach.  Yikes.  I wish I had a little more self control!  So kids, studying is important!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment