Wednesday, April 2, 2014

My Condensed Life Story

http://afreshstartonabudget.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/april-Copy1.jpg

 
 
 
The challenge of today is to tell my life story in 300 words or less, basically impossible for me, but I will try! Here are some of the things that define me. :)

 




I was born in Seoul, South Korea and placed in the arms of my adoptive parents 3 months later in Omaha, Nebraska.  My mom has always told the story of how we stopped in Fremont on our way home to Columbus at Burger King, and I cried the entire time she was inside.  To this day, I still dislike BK and can probably count on one hand the number of times I've actually eaten there.  

My first sister was born when I was 2 1/2 years old, and we have always been close even though she currently lives in the UK.  We share(d) a love of Nancy Drew, Beanie Babies, travel and wine, and an aversion to lentils.  My next sister came along when I was 9 1/2, and I definitely thought I was a great "mom" to her.  We both enjoy Sudoku, Nebrasketball, Burgers, SNL, and hashtagging things.  My favorite brother was born towards the end of my junior year of high school.  He will never progress past 10 years old in my mind, and even that’s a stretch (he just turned 12).  We both love football, the Olympics, laughing, talking, and Legos.

I met my husband the day I moved to Lincoln to attend UNL.  We were friends first, and although I had been going to church with Andi from Just Another Smith, Adam attended the same one, and I ended up catching rides with him instead.  We started dating that fall and will celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary this summer.  :) I am blessed to have a job I absolutely love while Adam finishes up graduate school, and after that, I can't wait to see what the next chapter(s) of our lives will bring! 

287 words!

3 comments:

  1. "We both enjoy hashtagging things"
    #timeforanewhobby

    ReplyDelete
  2. "We both enjoy hashtagging things"
    #timeforanewhobby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading this! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete