Thursday, April 10, 2014

Chores

Linking up with A Fresh Start on a Budget for Day 10 of the April Blogging Challenge.  One third of the way done...woo hoo! 

Day 10: What are your favorite and least favorite household chores?

Anyone who knows me knows that I love hate to sweep.  So much so, that family members who see me sweeping often shout, "Liz is sweeping?!  Quick!  Take a picture!"  Because I now own a home with wood or tile flooring throughout and have a job at which I sweep at least once daily, I no longer despise the broom and dustpan as much.  I still don't sweep as often as I should at home though.

Favorite chore is usually a toss up between dishes and laundry, but again, our home has changed this.  Washing dishes in a shallow enamel-coated cast iron sink results in me taking a bath in dirty dish water and more than the occasional broken dish.  Our unfinished basement that has seen a few bats throughout our residence here also makes laundry less fun than in the past, but these two still top my list. 

Although it doesn't look like it, I generally enjoy cleaning.  I'm just beat after basically cleaning up after 8 little ones all week long and just want to lie around and binge watch shows instead.  Now that you all know my weakness, I'm working on it; I promise!


No comments:

Post a Comment