Sunday, April 13, 2014

Tattoo

Today I'm supposed to tell you guys about my tattoo(s). I don't have any, but I have actually thought about it and have a couple really special things I would love to get someday if the opportunity arises.

Because my faith is so important to me, I've thought about getting the words for eternal life in Hebrew or Greek on one of my wrists. I think it could be a great tool for starting a conversation about religion with others and also a constant reminder to me of God's everlasting love for me. 

The second tattoo I've given a lot of thought to is my name in Korean down the nape of my neck or the Korean national flower, the Rose of Sharon, placement TBD. 

There are a number of reasons I haven't gone through with getting inked, the first being fear. No, not of pain or needles,  but of being the girl with the messed up tattoo!  I don't want to have something obscene or misspelled on my body forever. Nor would I want to invest more time and money having it fixed. Another major reason I haven't done it is the cost. I have never felt like it was a wise use of money, for me.  Thirdly, Adam doesn't particularly like tattoos, and my husband's opinion does matter to me, even if it is ultimately my choice. 

I think tattoos are so beautiful, but they are a commitment, and they just aren't something I'm ready for yet. For now, I am content with pinning gorgeous sleeves and whimsical birds and admiring from afar. 

Linking up once again with A Fresh Start on a Budget


No comments:

Post a Comment