Thursday, April 17, 2014

I'm not into quotes

Day 17:  Share something you’ve read that really spoke to you and why.

This particular topic is hard for me, because although I like to read, words don't really stick with me, even those from my favorite books.  I can't quote a single line from Little Women, and the only line I remember from Gone with the Wind is the closing line, "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn," which isn't something that really spoke to me, haha.  What do speak to me are feelings, since I'm a fairly super emotional person.

A couple months ago, I read Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.  Wow.  I loved this book, and I loved the way it played with my emotions.  I don't want to give anything away, but this book was an emotional roller coaster.  It also made me step back and evaluate my relationship with Adam and how thankful I am for it.  I have said it a million times over, and I will continue to say it, but I am so blessed to have found my life partner.  I am blessed to be in a marriage full of love and mutual respect.  So even though I'm not a quote person, I will never stop reading, because I love the ride.

Linked up with A Fresh Start on a Budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment