Saturday, March 29, 2014

MóMó Pizzeria & Ristorante

Wednesday  night, I had zero idea what to make for dinner as I had plans to meet up with a couple of friends for sushi.  When said plans fell through, Adam was more than game to try out the new pizza place in town MóMó Pizzeria & Ristorante.  Featuring locally sourced, handmade dishes, MóMó is located in a freestanding building right next to Swimtastic.  All my mommy friends probably know where this is, but for those who don't, the restaurant is on the south side of Pioneers Boulevard and 77th, just off the Antelope Creek Trail.  I didn't see any bicycle parking upon arrival and forgot to look afterwards, so hopefully it's there and I just missed it. 
                                    



Now onto my first real blogging failure:  I neglected to get a picture of the front of the establishment, just a hurried snap as we walked ran through the 40 mph wind gusts towards the welcoming doors!  

Upon entering, we were greeted by a check in stand to the right and this gorgeous bar featuring a view straight into the wood hearth oven.  We were told the wait was 15-20 minutes, which isn't too bad, but we did notice the lack of a waiting area, so we awkwardly stood to one side of the doors.  Another option was to wait at the bar, but the stools were full, and we wanted to wait to drink with our meal. 
 
Gorgeous lighting fixtures.  Simple & modern, definitely my style. 

We started out with a couple of drinks: Hoegaarden for Adam and Zipline's Copper Alt for me.
 
Obviously we had to start off with the Salumi Platter: 3 house cured meats, olives, marinated red peppers, mostarda, and FRESH mozzarella. Seriously delicious. 
Pizzzzzza Time!  Prosciutto and egg for me and Italian Sausage for Adam.
Adam said his pizza was good, but next time he would ask for more char on his crust.  I am in love with eggs on pizza, and this one certainly delivered.  The richness of the yolk combined with the saltiness of the prosciutto and bitter arugula was on point.  It is currently towards the top of my favorite pizzas, and a solid number one on my list of egg topped pizzas.  :)

We weren't sure what to do about dessert.  I'm not a big fan of tiramisu; I've had too many that were dense, gloppy, and/or tasteless, but in the end we decided to go for it, and I'm so glad that we did!  The dish was incredibly light, and I'm not ashamed to say that I did a (hopefully) surreptitious finger swipe to get one last taste from a corner the extra large spoons couldn't reach. 
I am not usually this enthusiastic about new restaurants, especially ones on the south side of town.  I don't know if it's college nostalgia or what, but we almost always head down to the Haymarket for our dinners out.  All in all, I am eager to go back.  MóMó's menu had a lot of options, and I saw one particularly delicious looking salad being served to the table next to us.  If the wind ever goes away, we plan on taking a nice little ride on the trails over, so I will update when I figure out what kind of bicycle parking is available.  Thanks for reading, and if you try MóMó out, let me know your thoughts too!

One last thing, here's a shoutout to our waiter, Will, who was knowledgeable about the menu, and friendly without being annoying. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment