Sunday, March 23, 2014

Crunch Time


In 6 weeks and 6 days' time, I plan on sunning myself on the beaches of Valencia, Spain with my husband.  After enduring a winter of frigid temperatures and my lack of desire to purchase a gym membership, I'll admit my "abs" are a little softer than I would like!  About 2 weeks ago I happened across this pin and decided to give this pre-shower routine a shot.  Let's be honest:  I wake up at 5:30 AM during the weekdays and haven't yet done this at such an early hour.  Nor have I done this every evening (far from).  This little pin sits in the back of my mind, encouraging me to be more active daily.  For example, on Wednesday, instead of driving to the library to return a DVD, I ran!  Although my library is only about 3/4 of a mile away, I turned that short jaunt into over a 2 1/2 mile jog.

I have modified the original pin, doubling the jumping jacks, eliminating the plank, and adding burpees.

 
After doing this, with runs and long walks added in as well, I'm starting to see results already: a flatter tummy and more defined glutes.  Mainly, I'm just happy to have found something to motivate me to turn off Netflix and enjoy the warmer Spring temperatures!  

No comments:

Post a Comment