Saturday, June 7, 2014

Getting settled in Paris


Bonjour! It's been almost a month since we've returned to The Good Life, and the post-vacation hangover has been real.  Last time we were in Europe, Paris was the place I was least excited to be in, but I wanted to experience it.  Since leaving it behind, I have thought of returning constantly, and this time around, I truly fell in Love (I can already hear my mom getting excited) with La Ville-Lumière, The City of Lights.


Plane selfie (and photobomb!) at LNK.
We flew out on a Friday afternoon from Lincoln.  We love our little airport and always spend the extra $$ for the convenience.  As always, we arranged to fly through Chicago so we could get our beloved Garrett's.
Chicago Mix

After 2 more flights: ORD-FRA and FRA-CDG, we were finally in Paris.  This time around we stayed in the 14th arrondissement near Montparnasse Tower and the Jardin du Luxembourg (Garden of Luxembourg).  I neglected to take a picture of our building, but our flat was beautiful, and if you are ever in Paris, we would highly recommend it!  The flat was insanely affordable, and if you love food, it's the place for you.  Find out more about it here.
View from our windows, looking left
View to the right
 I really could have stayed here forever.  The big, bright picture windows and the classic Parisian rooftops views were what got me.  And the food.  But more on that later.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment